Collage dance Collective, Inc., a non-profit, professional ballet company and conservatory is seeking an adaptable, articulate and highly motivated professional to support the development team in the role of Development Manager. Collage is creating a new Development Office and therefore seeks a candidate who can help establish the essential systems of a best practice fundraising and development program.
The Development Manager will be responsible for the following essential functions:
- Develop and execute Collage’s annual development plan and fundraising calendar
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations
- Manage the implementation of FileMaker Pro and oversee staff responsible for data entry and gift processing
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors
- Create and sustain a strategy for a large and sustained base of annual individual donors
- Oversee organization of special events
- Develop and track proposals, grant applications and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising
- Create monthly and annual fundraising reports
- Design and implement strategies for building Collage’s contact list
- Demonstrated success in securing major support from private and/or public sources – preferably for educational or arts projects.
- Demonstrated success in grant writing and meeting annual goals.
- Comfort with ambiguity, the ability to respond adeptly to rapidly changing priorities, and ability to work well under pressure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to lead multiple long- and short-term projects simultaneously, meeting all deadlines with the ability to plan, prioritize, coordinate, and manage own work.
- Proven ability to work unsupervised and make decisions and solve problems independently, effectively, and creatively.
- Extensive computer skills, including intermediate or high level proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint and Word) and experience with FileMakerPro or similar donor tracking software.
Interested candidates should submit a current resume and writing sample to Marcellus Harper at email@example.com→