FLSA Status: Full-time, non-exempt
Salary: $50,000 – $55,000
Collage Dance Collective, Inc., a non-profit, professional ballet company and conservatory is seeking a resourceful and charismatic Development Coordinator to support the organization’s development initiatives and functions.
The Development Coordinator will be responsible for the following essential functions:
- Remaining up to date on the latest fundraising techniques to attract new donors and adopt new practices to further the organization’s fundraising goals
- Organizing fundraisers and sourcing donors to raise money for Collage Dance
- Updating and managing our donor database, assuring the accuracy and consistency of all donor records
- Preparing quarterly newsletters to donors
- Providing customer service for donors and stakeholders by confirming receipt of contributions, making phone calls to donors and fielding inquiries
- Preparation of mass mailings including development of mailing lists and execution of mail merges.
- Conducting research on individual and institutional prospects
- Contributing to the planning and execution of fundraising and cultivation events
- Researching and assisting with new grant and funding opportunities
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- Knowledge of fundraising principles and practices to participate in the planning and implementation of an effective, well-rounded development campaign
- Experience in fundraising, special events, donor communication, or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge and experience
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to coordinate events of various sizes while engaging stakeholders
- Demonstrate excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize a workload and multi-task while maintaining strict attention to detail
- A high degree of integrity handling confidential and sensitive information
- An interest in fine arts, community engagement and diversity.
- A willingness to work some evenings and weekends based on special events and performances.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint), Quickbooks, donor database software
Interested candidates should submit a current resume and cover letter to [email protected]
About Collage Dance Collective
As the largest Black ballet company in the South, Collage Dance Collective works to inspire the growth and diversity of ballet by showcasing a repertoire of relevant choreography and world- class dancers representative of our community. The professional company has presented 13 full-length seasons in Memphis, plus national and international touring presenting a diverse range of classical and contemporary choreography. Its institutional arm, the Collage Dance Conservatory, trains more kids of color in a classical art form than any other non-profit in Memphis or the Mid-South.
In December 2020, Collage opened a 22,000 sq. ft. state-of-the-art facility to expand its programming, training and impact. The work of Collage Dance Collective has been featured in media outlets including Huffington Post, Washington Post, Allure, Yahoo!, The Commercial Appeal, Vibe, Afropunk and Pointe Magazine. www.collagedance.org
Collage Dance provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.