FLSA Status: Full-time, exempt
Collage Dance Collective, Inc., a non-profit, professional ballet company and conservatory is seeking a Development Coordinator to support the organization’s development initiatives and functions.
The Development Coordinator will be responsible for the following essential functions:
- Updating and managing our donor database.
- Assuring the accuracy and consistency of all donor records
- Preparing quarterly newsletters to donors.
- Providing customer service for donors and stakeholders by confirming receipt of contributions, making phone calls to donors and fielding inquiries.
- Preparation of mass mailings including development of mailing lists and execution of mail merges.
- Conducting research on individual and institutional prospects.
- Assisting with grant writing.
- Contributing to the planning and execution of fundraising and cultivation events.
- Researching new grant and funding opportunities.
- A 4 year degree in a relevant field.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & Power Point) experience and strong computer skills.
- Superior attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Experience with donor database software a plus (FileMaker Pro preferred).
- Experience with QuickBooks preferred.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- A high degree of integrity handling confidential and sensitive information.
- An interest in fine arts, community engagement and diversity.
- A willingness to work some evenings and weekends based on special events.
Interested candidates should submit a current resume and writing sample to [email protected].
About Collage Dance Collective
As the largest Black ballet company in the South, Collage Dance Collective works to inspire the growth and diversity of ballet by showcasing a repertoire of relevant choreography and world- class dancers representative of our community. The professional company has presented twelve full-length seasons in Memphis, plus national and international touring presenting a diverse range of classical and contemporary choreography. Its institutional arm, the Collage Dance Conservatory, trains more kids of color in a classical art form than any other non-profit in Memphis or the Mid-South.
In December 2020, Collage opened a 22,000 sq. ft. state-of-the-art facility to expand its programming, training and impact. The work of Collage Dance Collective has been featured in media outlets including Huffington Post, Washington Post, Allure, Yahoo!, The Commercial Appeal, Vibe, Afropunk and Pointe Magazine. www.collagedance.org
Collage Dance provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.