FLSA Status: Full-time, exempt
Collage Dance Collective, Inc., a non-profit, professional ballet company and conservatory is seeking an adaptable, articulate and highly motivated professional to lead the development team in the role of Development Director. Collage Dance recently completed a comprehensive $11M capital campaign and the construction of a brand-new dance center. The new center is one of the largest of its kind in the South and positions Collage to become one of the largest Black-led ballet organizations in the country. Collage is creating a new Development Office and therefore seeks a candidate who can help establish the essential systems of a best practice fundraising and development program.
The Development Director will be responsible for the following essential functions:
- Develop and execute Collage’s annual development plan and fundraising calendar
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations
- Manage the implementation of an appropriate donor management software and oversee staff responsible for data entry and gift processing
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors
- Create and sustain a strategy for a large and sustained base of annual individual donors
- Oversee organization of special events
- Develop and track proposals, grant applications and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising
- Create monthly and annual fundraising reports
- Design and implement strategies for building Collage’s contact list
- Demonstrated success in securing major support from private and/or public sources – preferably for educational or arts projects.
- Demonstrated success in grant writing and meeting annual goals.
- Comfort with ambiguity, the ability to respond adeptly to rapidly changing priorities, and ability to work well under pressure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to lead multiple long- and short-term projects simultaneously, meeting all deadlines with the ability to plan, prioritize, coordinate, and manage own work.
- Proven ability to work unsupervised and make decisions and solve problems independently, effectively, and creatively.
- Extensive computer skills, including intermediate or high-level proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint and Word) and experience with Network for Good or similar donor tracking software.
Interested candidates should submit a current resume and writing sample to Marcellus Harper at [email protected].
About Collage Dance Collective
As the largest Black ballet company in the South, Collage Dance Collective works to inspire the growth and diversity of ballet by showcasing a repertoire of relevant choreography and world- class dancers representative of our community. The professional company has presented twelve full-length seasons in Memphis, plus national and international touring presenting a diverse range of classical and contemporary choreography. Its institutional arm, the Collage Dance Conservatory, trains more kids of color in a classical art form than any other non-profit in Memphis or the Mid-South.
In December 2020, Collage opened a 22,000 sq. ft. state-of-the-art facility to expand its programming, training and impact. The work of Collage Dance Collective has been featured in media outlets including Huffington Post, Washington Post, Allure, Yahoo!, The Commercial Appeal, Vibe, Afropunk and Pointe Magazine. www.collagedance.org
Collage Dance provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.