FLSA Status: Full-time, exempt
Collage Dance, a fast-growing and mission-driven national nonprofit organization, is looking to hire an
enthusiastic Development Manager to join our growing team. A successful candidate should be a highly
motivated team player with the ability to work independently. The Development Manger will manage Collage Dance’s community-centric fundraising strategy. They will be responsible for building good relationships with prospective donors and clients across multiple sectors, communicating with the broader public and internal teams, delegating tasks, and drawing up plans to ensure annual fundraising targets are met. You should be well organized, proactive, and have the ability to inspire those around you. This position will report to the Development Director and work closely with the Executive Director and senior leadership team (operations, marketing, and artist programs). We prefer candidates based in the Memphis, TN area. Some travel will be required.
The Development Manager will be responsible for the following essential functions:
● Conducting research on fundraising opportunities
● Staying informed on marketing strategies with the marketing team
● Identifying grant funding opportunities. Writing, submitting, and managing grant proposals
● Offering innovative and thoughtful strategies to connect with new prospects and existing donors
● Securing financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations
● Ensure that the donor records database is current and maintained so that the data has a
high degree of accuracy.
● Working together with the marketing and program team to execute cohesive partnerships
including external communication plans
● Providing exceptional customer service to donors and internal team members demonstrated
through stewardship, articulation of expectations, collaboration, and problem-solving skills
● Organizing and attending non-profit events and networking with relevant stakeholders
● Serving as a spokesperson for the organization to the media and the general public, to position and
strengthen Collage Dance’s name, recognition, and reputation in the community.
● Maintaining ongoing relationships and cultivating new relationships with major donors
● Preparing and presenting reports on fundraising activities
● A bachelor’s degree and 3 or more years of development and fundraising experience
● Experience in non-profit development with an established track record of successfully
soliciting corporate gifts and building long-term partnerships
● Experience in creating donor stewardship programs
● Requires excellent project management, customer service, interpersonal, writing/presentation
skills, and attention to detail.
● Professional and polished image with a comfort in dealing with corporate executive teams.
● High levels of integrity, trustworthiness, flexibility, compassion, and humor are necessary to
address the practicalities of a growing nonprofit, along with the creativity and persistence
required to elicit new thinking and change
● Ability to work with minimal supervision, to manage multiple priorities, and to work in a
deadline driven environment
● Individual must be a “hands on” developer of programs and a “doer” who likes to set and
● Exudes a powerful passion of our community and our mission, day in and day out.
● Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office, wish emphasis on PowerPoint and Excel, and
database management software
Interested candidates should submit a current resume and cover letter to [email protected]
About Collage Dance Collective
As the largest Black ballet company in the South, Collage Dance Collective works to inspire the growth and diversity of ballet by showcasing a repertoire of relevant choreography and world- class dancers representative of our community. The professional company has presented 13 full-length seasons in Memphis, plus national and international touring presenting a diverse range of classical and contemporary choreography. Its institutional arm, the Collage Dance Conservatory, trains more kids of color in a classical art form than any other non-profit in Memphis or the Mid-South.
In December 2020, Collage opened a 22,000 sq. ft. state-of-the-art facility to expand its programming, training and impact. The work of Collage Dance Collective has been featured in media outlets including Huffington Post, Washington Post, Allure, Yahoo!, The Commercial Appeal, Vibe, Afropunk and Pointe Magazine. www.collagedance.org
Collage Dance provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.