FLSA Status: Full-time, exempt
Collage Dance, a fast-growing and mission-driven national nonprofit organization, located in Memphis, Tenn. seeks a full-time Executive Assistant to provide high level administration support to Collage Dance’s Executive and Artistic Directors. The Executive Assistant organizes the day-to-day operations of the office, establishes administrative priorities, manages office workflow, drafts correspondence, facilitates complex schedules and travel arrangements, handles a broad range of complex inquiries and issues, and has significant daily interaction with senior staff, board members, funders, donors, artists, and other key stakeholders. The ideal candidate has a passion for the arts and is an excellent verbal communicator and natural facilitator.
- Manage the day-to-day function of the executive office
- Organize and communicate team meetings, retreats, etc.
- Take accurate and detailed notes at group meetings
- Prepare written communications, presentations, and reports for the Executive Director
- Project manage large cross-departmental projects including calendar, deadlines, priorities, and communications
- Work closely with senior management leaders in carrying out project deliverables
- Manage all correspondence with Collage’s board of directors
- Communicate with CDC Board Chair and committee chairs to schedule board meetings
- Assemble board materials, agenda, and packets for distribution prior to board meetings
- Act as a liaison between the board, executive office, and organization
- Assist in travel coordination & calendar management for Executive Director, Artistic Director, and company artists
- Assist in HR matters, including processing of offer letters, employment agreements, correspondence to applicants and the on-boarding process
- Maintain all organization-wide documents, i.e. contact lists, org. chart, Employee Handbook and artistic calendars
- Share, update and remind employees of office policies & procedures
- Execute all letters of reference/support for Artistic Director and Executive Director
- Assist Artistic Director with all audition correspondence
- Assist with company-wide and patron events
- Maintain strict confidentiality about all company information.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Previous administrative experience, ideally in a similar role, preferably in a nonprofit organization
- Stellar verbal and written communication skills with impeccable attention to detail
- Familiarity with volunteer boards
- Must possess the ability to create organization out of chaos and multi-task
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple calendars, priorities, and on-going projects.
- Intellectual curiosity and dependability a must
- An acute listener with an ability to anticipate the needs of the ED and AD
- Unflappable stress and time management skills
- Ability to adapt and to take on additional responsibilities as business needs grow
- Natural facilitator and communicator, with confidence to communicate with a variety of people
- Proven ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Highly versed in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, other professional software, and databases
Interested candidates should submit a current resume and cover letter to [email protected]
About Collage Dance Collective
As the largest Black ballet company in the South, Collage Dance Collective works to inspire the growth and diversity of ballet by showcasing a repertoire of relevant choreography and world- class dancers representative of our community. The professional company has presented twelve full-length seasons in Memphis, plus national and international touring presenting a diverse range of classical and contemporary choreography. Its institutional arm, the Collage Dance Conservatory, trains more kids of color in a classical art form than any other non-profit in Memphis or the Mid-South.
In December 2020, Collage opened a 22,000 sq. ft. state-of-the-art facility to expand its programming, training and impact. The work of Collage Dance Collective has been featured in media outlets including Huffington Post, Washington Post, Allure, Yahoo!, The Commercial Appeal, Vibe, Afropunk and Pointe Magazine. www.collagedance.org
Collage Dance provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.