FLSA Status: Full-time, exempt
Salary: starting at $50,000/year
Collage Dance, a fast-growing and mission-driven national nonprofit organization,is seeking a full-time Executive Assistant to provide high-level support to the organization’s Executive Director (ED) and Artistic Director (AD). The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, professional, and capable of managing their workload and prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced non-profit environment. If you have a passion for the arts and are an excellent communicator and natural facilitator, this role may be for you.
- Acts as the administrative point of contact between the Executives and internal/external demands
- Provide sophisticated calendar management; prioritize inquiries and requests, troubleshoot conflicts with little guidance, make judgments and recommendations to ensure smooth day-to-day engagements
- Attend select meetings, take notes, capture action items, and ensure follow through
- Support and manage a high-volume of requests and projects to meet the objectives of the Executive Director
- Draft and edit correspondence for the ED & AD that is often sensitive and confidential
- Prepare written communications, presentations, and reports for the Executive Director
- Project manage large cross-departmental projects including calendar, deadlines, priorities, and communications
- Anticipate and address problems as they arise
- Organize and manage logistics for team meetings, events for convenings, retreats, and CDC board meetings
- Manage all correspondence with the CDC Board of Directors to also include board materials, meeting agendas, and info packets for distribution prior to board meetings
- Act as a liaison between the board, executive office, and organization
- Maintain quality filing and communications systems including contact management, document management, and archiving
- Manage complex schedules & travel arrangements for Executive Director, Artistic Director, and company artists
- Maintain all organization-wide documents, i.e. contact lists, org. chart, and artistic calendars
- Share, update and remind employees of office policies & procedures
- Assist in other administrative tasks as needed, ie. during company-wide & community events
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Previous administrative experience, ideally in a similar role, preferably in a nonprofit organization
- Stellar verbal and written communication skills with impeccable attention to detail
- Familiarity with volunteer boards
- Must possess the ability to create organization out of chaos and multi-task
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple calendars, priorities, and on-going projects.
- Intellectual curiosity and dependability a must
- An acute listener with an ability to anticipate the needs of the ED and AD
- Unflappable stress and time management skills
- Ability to adapt and to take on additional responsibilities as business needs grow
- Proven ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Highly versed in Google Suite, MS Suite, other professional software and databases
Interested candidates should submit a current resume and cover letter to [email protected]
About Collage Dance Collective
As the largest Black ballet company in the South, Collage Dance Collective works to inspire the growth and diversity of ballet by showcasing a repertoire of relevant choreography and world- class dancers representative of our community. The professional company has presented twelve full-length seasons in Memphis, plus national and international touring presenting a diverse range of classical and contemporary choreography. Its institutional arm, the Collage Dance Conservatory, trains more kids of color in a classical art form than any other non-profit in Memphis or the Mid-South.
In December 2020, Collage opened a 22,000 sq. ft. state-of-the-art facility to expand its programming, training and impact. The work of Collage Dance Collective has been featured in media outlets including Huffington Post, Washington Post, Allure, Yahoo!, The Commercial Appeal, Vibe, Afropunk and Pointe Magazine. www.collagedance.org
Collage Dance provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.