Facilities & Events Associate
FLSA Status: Part-time, non-exempt
Salary: starting at $18/hour
Collage Dance Collective, a non-profit, professional ballet company and conservatory is seeking a part-time Facilities & Events Associate to help us maintain a secure and well-functioning work environment. A successful candidate will be a strong systems-thinker who approaches their work with efficiency, attention to detail, and hospitality.
This hourly non-exempt position is responsible for assisting in maintaining the overall daily upkeep of the building and assisting with events execution. To be successful in this role, you should be well-organized and able to prioritize multiple issues. You should also be reliable and dependable.
The Facilities & Events Associate will be responsible for the following essential functions:
- Assist the Facilities Manager in all aspects of project implementation as needed.
- Knowledge and expertise to address basic painting, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, and maintenance repairs
- Ensure compliance with health and safety regulations
- Assist in the maintenance and overall repair duties of the center typically including painting, small repairs, and ad hoc projects.
- Check rooms and furniture to identify needs for repairs or renovations
- Keep track of regular and ad-hoc facility expenses
- Execute the setup and breakdown of event spaces, including arranging furniture, decor, and equipment to meet client specifications and design standards.
- Maintain cleanliness (trash, spills, etc.) of the space throughout events and at the end of events
- Assist with event logistics
- Handle any conflicts or issues that may arise during the event
- Strong knowledge of facilities management operations
- Ability to stand, climb, stoop, kneel, reach, walk, and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to operate basic tools and equipment.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize multiple projects.
- Flexible and dependable – this position requires some flexibility around scheduling; some morning/evening or occasional weekend hours may be required.
- Understanding of safety regulations in offices
- Sound judgment and the ability to think quickly during emergencies
- Superior attention to detail and accuracy.
About Collage Dance Collective
As the largest Black ballet company in the South, Collage Dance Collective works to inspire the growth and diversity of ballet by showcasing a repertoire of relevant choreography and world- class dancers representative of our community. The professional company has presented twelve full-length seasons in Memphis, plus national and international touring presenting a diverse range of classical and contemporary choreography. Its institutional arm, the Collage Dance Conservatory, trains more kids of color in a classical art form than any other non-profit in Memphis or the Mid-South.
In December 2020, Collage opened a 22,000 sq. ft. state-of-the-art facility to expand its programming, training and impact. The work of Collage Dance Collective has been featured in media outlets including Huffington Post, Washington Post, Allure, Yahoo!, The Commercial Appeal, Vibe, Afropunk and Pointe Magazine. www.collagedance.org
Collage Dance provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.