FLSA Status: Full-time, exempt
Collage Dance, a fast-growing and mission-driven national nonprofit organization, located in Memphis, Tenn. seeks a full-time Facilities Manger to manage and oversee Collage’s facilities, grounds maintenance, cleaning services, utilities, IT infrastructure, studio and space management, event rentals, security services and compliance with health and safety regulations and protocols, to ensure the successful and efficient operation of the Collage Dance Center – both as a physical asset and as a base of operations.
- Manage and coordinate all annual service and preventive maintenance contracts including HVAC, building cleaning, pest control, alarm systems, piano tuning and maintenance, and office equipment including telecommunications and computers for staff.
- Develop and manage facilities budget; review monthly utility and service invoices, monitor janitorial supply levels and order as necessary
- Develop, implement, train, and ensure compliance with health and safety regulations, policies and protocols, emergency procedures, evacuation, and disaster planning.
- Overseeing any renovations, maintenance and building projects.
- Prepare and maintain a master schedule for all Studio activities including Studio rentals and event rentals.
- Coordinate with Director of Production to manage off-site storage facility.
- Management of Studio Receptionist staff including scheduling, training, and performance management.
IT and Telecommunications:
- Coordination of company-wide telecommunications and IT services.
- Acts as staff liaison with EMS.
- Coordinate the onboarding and offboarding of new and terminating users with EMS.
- Administer IT services.
- Oversee IT hardware and software inventory.
- Maintain phone system and liaise with vendor when necessary.
- Other Administrative duties and projects as assigned.
Expected Hours of Work
Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Required Education & Experience
- 4-year College degree or equivalent work experience in related field is required.
- A minimum of five years of experience in building management and administration.
- Budgeting and financial management
- Knowledge of OSHA, EPA and EHS requirements and the ability to routinely follow those guidelines and requirements
- Demonstrated experience in project management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, computer technology and telecommunications technology.
- Management and supervisory experience.
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent organizational, time management skills and attention to detail.
- Strong customer-service orientation.
- Excellent Project Management skills.
- Aptitude in business administration, construction, mechanical equipment, landscaping, IT and telecommunications, purchasing, negotiating, personnel management and supervision, security, and general services.
Interested candidates should submit a current resume and cover letter to [email protected]
About Collage Dance Collective
As the largest Black ballet company in the South, Collage Dance Collective works to inspire the growth and diversity of ballet by showcasing a repertoire of relevant choreography and world- class dancers representative of our community. The professional company has presented twelve full-length seasons in Memphis, plus national and international touring presenting a diverse range of classical and contemporary choreography. Its institutional arm, the Collage Dance Conservatory, trains more kids of color in a classical art form than any other non-profit in Memphis or the Mid-South.
In December 2020, Collage opened a 22,000 sq. ft. state-of-the-art facility to expand its programming, training and impact. The work of Collage Dance Collective has been featured in media outlets including Huffington Post, Washington Post, Allure, Yahoo!, The Commercial Appeal, Vibe, Afropunk and Pointe Magazine. www.collagedance.org
Collage Dance provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.