Collage Dance, a fast-growing and mission-driven national nonprofit organization, located in Memphis, Tenn. seeks a full-time Marketing Coordinator to support implementation of marketing initiatives for the organization. Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Communications, the Marketing Coordinator is creative, forward-thinking, results-oriented and driven. The ideal candidate is passionate about mission-driven work and crafting marketing and communications that inspire people to take action. This person must possess a strong interest in social media and the digital landscape. We need someone who is both analytical and willing to roll up their sleeves and execute on tactical plans.
- Supports the implementation of the overall integrated marketing plan that includes both digital and offline campaigns to promote the professional ballet company and the school.
- Serves as community manager for all social media platforms, stays on the pulse of interesting trends across platforms and provides strategic recommendations
- Supports email marketing campaigns with content development, design, distribution and reporting
- Manages mailing list, oversees additions and updates and leads segmentation, as needed, to communicate with specific target groups
- Supports digital membership community by overseeing ongoing creative updates, copywriting, member relations and email communications
- Supports event and performance ticket sales through online and offline marketing and communications initiatives in partnership with key organizations, partners and media outlets
- Manages submission of events to citywide calendars and online community resources
- Supports the growth of the school through parent communications initiatives, prospective parent communications and marketing campaigns to drive enrollment
- Works closely with the Development team to support donor relations and fundraising campaigns
- Leads the creation of a marketing dashboards to monitor and report on effectiveness of campaigns on a monthly basis
- 2+ year(s) of related marketing or communications experience
- BA/BFA degree, preferably in related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask, organize, and prioritize work
- Collaborative, professional, creative and self-directed
- Social Media experience across an array of platforms with a passion to explore and master is preferred
- Photoshop and/or Canva experience preferred
- Technically proficient with Google Suite, Microsoft, Mac, and common applications.
- Mission-driven (non-profit) professional experience and/or a passion for the arts a plus
Interested candidates should submit a current resume and cover letter to [email protected]
About Collage Dance Collective
As the largest Black ballet company in the South, Collage Dance Collective works to inspire the growth and diversity of ballet by showcasing a repertoire of relevant choreography and world- class dancers representative of our community. The professional company has presented twelve full-length seasons in Memphis, plus national and international touring presenting a diverse range of classical and contemporary choreography. Its institutional arm, the Collage Dance Conservatory, trains more kids of color in a classical art form than any other non-profit in Memphis or the Mid-South.
In December 2020, Collage opened a 22,000 sq. ft. state-of-the-art facility to expand its programming, training and impact. The work of Collage Dance Collective has been featured in media outlets including Huffington Post, Washington Post, Allure, Yahoo!, The Commercial Appeal, Vibe, Afropunk and Pointe Magazine. www.collagedance.org
Collage Dance provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.